The creation of Avoriaz began with the development of the Dromonts area, historical center of the resort. Called the "old Avoriaz ", the Dromonts area was in the heart of the famous Fantastic film festival of Avoriaz, held in the resort from 1973 to 1993. The Dromonts area is a quiet neighborhood, located at the foot of the “Promenade des Ardoisières” and close to the Hauts Forts area.
Each residence is ideally located. Indeed, the slopes are accessible through the descent of Melèzes, which takes you to the chairlifts of the “Tour”, “Stade” and “Lac-Intrêts.
Residence located in the Dromonts area : Dromonts, Melèzes, Sequoia.
On the “Place des Dromonts”
- Galerie des Hauts Forts : laundry, gift shop and interior design
- Ski Shop : Daniel Charié and René Collet
- Bakery " Mamie Brioche "
- Bar -lounge of the Hotel des Dromonts
Close to :
Ruches area and center of the resort (via the “Place des Dromonts”)
- shops, restaurants, bars, supermarkets (Carrefour Montagne and Sherpa), ski school “Village des enfants” (3-16 years), ski and extreme sports school "Evolution 2", ESF office.
Route des Rennes to join the " Aquariaz”, the center of the station , and the neighborhood of Falaise.
Hauts-Forts area (via the Hauts Forts public elevator)
- Cable car of Prodains
- Ski shop "Changabang"
- Office of the French ski school “ESF”
- Shop of regional products "Les Délices d'Antan"